A collective of wind farm projects has been installed in the state of Rajasthan in India. It provides renewable energy to the state and northern regional electricity grids. Creation of these wind farms greatly reduces greenhouse gas emissions by displacing the electricity that would have otherwise been generated from fossil fuels, such as coal based power generation plants. The projects enhance the lives of residents by providing ongoing local employment and capacity building opportunities whilst increasing the security of domestic energy supplies, as well as helping to reduce India’s dependency on energy related imports. By harnessing renewable resources in the region through the displacement of non-renewable natural resources, these wind farm projects enhance sustainable economic and environmental development both locally in Rajasthan and more broadly across India.
The 113.59 MW bundled project comprises 177 of 230 kW E-30, 600 kW E-40 and 800 kW E-48 wind energy convertors. Enercon (India) Ltd is the equipment supplier and the operations and maintenance contractor for the projects. The generated electricity is supplied to Rajasthan Rajya Vidyut Prasaran Nigam Ltd / Jodphur Electricity Distribution Company Ltd under long term power purchase agreements.
Contribution to Sustainable Development
This bundled wind energy generation project contributes to sustainable development by;
- Creating more than 100 jobs in the Jaisalmer area.
- Transfer of skills and technology by training of local maintenance engineers.
- Local procurement policies and practices.
- Displacing some of the need for fossil fuel power generation in India.
- Reducing the dependency on fuel imports and increasing energy security.
- Supporting the development of a renewable power industry.
Further Information: email@example.com
All project information is sourced from the supplier