The International Carbon Reduction and Offset Alliance (ICROA), of which BP Target Neutral is a founding member, is an international non-profit alliance of businesses providing carbon reduction and offsetting services. ICROA members operate across Europe, North America and Australia and are managed by an independent secretariat operated within the International Emissions Trading Association (IETA).
The primary aim of ICROA is to promote best practices in carbon management and offsetting. ICROA keeps abreast of the latest developments within carbon management and the carbon markets to ensure its members adhere to the best possible practices in the industry.
ICROA provides consumer protection for parties wishing to voluntarily manage and offset their carbon emissions by ensuring its member companies follow and publicly report in compliance with the ICROA Code of Best Practice. This provides specific requirements for the manner in which ICROA members provide their carbon footprinting, greenhouse gas reduction advice and offsetting services. ICROA members are third party audited to further assure the quality of their services.
- To provide an expert voice on carbon reduction policies, strategies, products, and services in the voluntary offset market
- To help businesses and individuals significantly reduce emissions
- To encourage the use of real, verified, permanent, additional and unique carbon offsets
- To ensure members comply with the ICROA Code of Best Practice
- To support rigorous standards for the voluntary carbon management industry
Conformance and Quality assurance
Click here to view the BP Target Neutral 2015 Conformance with ICROA Code of Best Practice.
Click here to view the 2015 Certificate of Quality Assurance for Carbon Management and Offset Services, BP Target Neutral.